Magical Multipurpose Paleo & Primal Dough Recipe

Magical Multipurpose Paleo & Primal Dough Recipe

I’ve been working pretty hard on this recipe and I think it’s a winner. So much, in fact, that I’ve decided to sell it instead of giving it away for free. “Sell it?!” you ask incredulously. “Why not give it away like everyone else?”

The short answer is: I’m broke. My book is still in its editing phase and until it hits the shelves and becomes a New York Times Bestseller, I have absolutely no income. The long answer is: my husband told me this recipe was too good to give away. He wanted me to sell the recipe to a corporation so they could make it and sell it to you. I don’t want you to have to spend $6 for a 10 oz. box of crackers, so I’ve decided to sell you the recipe instead.

What is the recipe for? Pizza crust, crackers, rolls and (to a lesser extent cause they’re harder to make) tortillas. That’s right, Primalgirl’s Magical Multipurpose Paleo and Primal Dough Recipe will make ALL those things — and probably more if you’re super creative. I’m happier with the results of this recipe than I have been with any other recipe I’ve found in a book or online and with any gluten-free product I’ve purchased in a store. My husband likes pizza made with this dough better than delivery pizza. The crackers are crispy and crunchy. I’ve made hamburger buns, Saltines, Cheese Nips and dinner rolls. I can take bread with me to restaurants and parties and no longer have to ask for things wrapped in lettuce. Not that I don’t like lettuce-wrapped things, but after four years of eating this way, it’s starting to get a little old.

125x125_Dough_Rolls

To justify the price of $3.95, I’ve done up two separate recipes: the first is 100% Paleo and the other is Primal (it has dairy in it.) With the exception of eggs, this recipe is autoimmune-protocol friendly and completely adaptable to whatever you have in your pantry.

Gluten-free products are often filled with ingredients that aren’t good for you – stabilizers, emulsifiers, preservatives and soy. Most Paleo and Primal recipes use coconut flour or nuts, resulting in a product that kind of resembles what you want – but isn’t the real thing. Not only is this recipe grain free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and yeast-free, it’s also free of legumes, beans and nightshades, making it perfect for someone on an autoimmune diet.* The best part is, it tastes amazing and it’s super versatile.

* Recipe contains one egg.

Altogether, there are 7 pages of information, including details about the ingredients you’ll need and where to find them, additions and variations, detailed instructions and super cute graphics I created myself using Adobe Illustrator.

Buying a copy of this recipe will ensure that 1) my family can eat tomorrow, 2) I can continue to afford to run this blog and 3) I will love you forever. If you purchase it, please leave a review in the comments! I’ve also started an affiliate program. If you’re interested in advertising for me, you can make 20% of any purchase you send my way.

DoughCampaign

468

221 Comments

1. Your recipe makes the absolute best homemade pizza crust ever! Even my non-paleo, gluten-eating friends and family have been impressed. And the triple recipe makes my life that much easier. Thanks so much!

• Hi Holly! Email me some of your favourite recipe uses. We might guest feature you as a recipe to watch on the blog … [sarah@primalgirl.com] – Sarah, Assistant PrimalGirl

2. The best bread I have made I was really going to make this my last try. I was tired of spending money, time and getting my hopes up only to be disappointed every time. Well what was going to be my last try truly is only because I don’t have to search for another recipe of give up I found the best bread plus a whole lot more you can make with this recipe. Thanks for working so hard on this for sure worth the money!!

• Terri thank you so much! That is fantastic to hear. Email us at info@primalgirl.com with pictures, recipe ideas, and questions.

3. Do you think this recipe would work well for steamed buns? It’s been a long time since I have made steamed pork buns for my husband, and I keep promising to recreate the recipe paleo-style. It is originally made with a plain but sweet yeast dough. Your information is appreciated.

• Hi Elysia! I’m not sure if it would work perfectly. I would try it by modifying the dough a little. Replace a bit of tapioca flour with coconut flour (the last 60 grams for sure and probably 20-30 grams of the bulk of the tapioca flour at the start). Add the optional nutritional yeast for sure and make sure your mashed root veggie is very dry. Steaming adds moisture so it may end up being gummy. I’m not sure. I’d love for you to test it and give us your results via email at info@primalgirl.com. I’m very interested as steamed pork buns are one of my partners favourite things and I know he sneaks them in China town during business meetings over dim sum! – Sarah (I’m Tara’s assistant)

• Hi Sarah. Thank you very much for your suggestions. If I give it a try, I’ll let you know how it turns out. Apparently, the buns I used to make were too good as my husband won’t buy them. It’s both a compliment and a pain since I’m so stubborn about making them paleo :)
        -Elysia

4. Hello! I usually sub Arrowroot powder for tapioca, do you think this would work in this recipe? I also can’t have eggs or dairy, has anyone succeeded in in any subs for that. I really want to get your recipe, but thought I should ask these questions first.
    Thank You!
    Joanne

Thanks Joanne! Subbing arrowroot for the tapioca won’t work, but you can make the recipe completely egg and dairy free. There are instructions for both in the download. Cheers!

• Joanne, I have done it successfully. I usually do half tapioca and half arrowroot. I have also been successful in omitting the egg altogether with no substitutions. I tried flax but wasn’t fond of the flavour.

5. Do you think canned organic pumpkin would work?

6. so are we talking coconut milk in a can?

• As long as it has the consistency of cream, you can use any type of “milk” that you want. :)

7. Hi PrimalGal, Can this dough recipe be used with flaxseed instead of egg? Its a popular egg substitute (I think one egg is the equivalent of one tbs flaxseed and 2-3 tbs water, let it congeal for a few minutes, then use as you would an egg). I know for SURE I am allergic to both whey protein from milk and eggs. I had testing done. Does this recipe include whey and do you think it would work with flaxseed instead of egg?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Hi Jessica!
    There are instructions in the recipe for using flaxseed instead of egg. It can be done! And of course, the recipe is dairy free if you want it to be – just use coconut or other “milk” instead of dairy!

8. I will gladly buy this recipe but I want to ask one thing: Does it contain yuca? You know in the plant form. Because unfortunately it isn’t selled here in Finland (at least I haven’t found it :((( ) so the only thing of yucca I can get my hands on is the starch flour called tapioca flour.

• The root vegetable in the original recipe os Yuca but you can substitute it with any root vegetable you can get your hands on! Give it a try Johanna! – Good luck – Sarah

9. I just made these today. I found the yucca root makes it a little spongy. But its not a bad or off putting. Will be cooking with yams tomorrow and see if I just prefer those instead. Overall still a great recipe and takes good.

10. Hi I have bought the recipe and would like to know if it is possible to use arrowroot starch instead of tapioca? I seem to tolerate arrowroot better. Will it change the consistency of the dough at all?
    Many thanks

• the consistency of the dough only really works if you use tapioca. It crumbles and falls apart with the arrowroot

11. I am SO GLAD I bought this recipe!! I made the tortillas the other day and served chicken tacos in them, delicious and they hold up so well! The thinner the tortilla the better. I just made the pizza crust and it feels nice and crisp. Can’t wait to top it, put it back in the oven and eat it!

• Hey, did you use a tortilla press? I am tempted to buy one, especially if it works! The Gridler won’t press them thin enough. Thanks!

12. Primalgirl
    I just tried your miracle dough for the first time. I tried the primal version with egg replacer to make the rolls. Although the flavor was great, the inside of the rolls was really gooey and stretchy even after cooling. I made the 2T size the directions suggest. Can you give any guidance of how I could improve these? I really want this to be my go to dough.

13. I wanted to let you know, I bought your recipe today and tried it this evening. I made three naans ( just pressed down the ball until it was a half inch thick circle) and three dinner rolls. Holy Moly, they were SO tasty! I can’t wait to make these for my husband. I was looking for a good alternative to eat Indian curries with. I can’t wait to feed them to my picky toddler as well. I will experiment with some crumbled kale chips and let you know how it works. has anyone tried to use kale or other veggies in this recipe somehow? Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Adventures In Budget Paleo Cooking – Week of April 14-18 | Gastography - […] made carnitas tacos with my favorite paleo dough and served with some really simple sauteed green […]
  2. Today’s eats, 10/06/14. | foodstuffed. - […] the supermarket, and instead of beef keema curry with garlic and coriander flatbreads, I used the dough to make…
  3. My Gluten-Free Bread | salixisme - […] versions of gluten-free (or paleo) bread…  and while I have a few favorites (most noticeably this one), I always…
  4. Review: Henley’s Wholefoods (Alexandria) « lateral eating* - […] some work. It tastes and feels like a giant cookie. We’ve made grain-free pizzas at home with Primal Girl’s…