It’s been a while. Don’t worry, I haven’t fallen off the Paleo bandwagon, I’m still way on board. I’ve just been busy. Super busy. I have three jobs, not including Primal/Paleo blogger/advice giver and time is precious.
What I’ve Been Doing:
1. I opened up my own business making custom retro aprons and dresses. I have an ETSY store, but at the moment have been so overwhelmed with orders from home that I haven’t posted items yet. I’ll do that soon and I will be posting a link here – after all, if you’re spending a lot of time in the kitchen making delicious Paleo meals, you need to look cute. Show off that cute new body. ^.~ (If you want to order something personally, email me.
2. I’m on the speaker support team for PaleoFX in Austin, Texas in March. I’ve been assigned to the speaker support team and assigned to one of the biggest names on the roster, so I am honored and super excited. PaleoFX is March 14-17. The PaleoFX team is offering free tickets for coaches and trainers so check out their website for the referral program or to get tickets for yourself. This is a great, practical conference for people interested in LIVING a Paleo lifestyle. I’ll have lots of time to relax and enjoy the conference so I’ll be posting a great deal about what I learn.
3. I’m presenting at Mark Sisson’s PrimalCon in Malibu in April. I’m a little nervous about this one, as I simply see myself as a regular person who reads a lot of books written by other people and experiments on herself. I don’t know why I get to stand up there with the experts and the rock stars, but I’ll take it. ;)
4. I’m doing tons of modeling and making a lot of my own outfits. Super satisfying but damn, it takes a lot of time and preparation. I did get noticed by Sharon Osborne the other night at a taping of America’s Got Talent, though. She actually came over to me to tell me that she “just loved my outfit.” Gush! That made the 2 weeks of frustration, pricked hands and endless ironing all worth it. I wished I had had time to tell her that I made it myself and I would totally make her one, too but she was whisked off by Howard Stern, who frankly resembles Tom Baker circa 1974 these days. I am going to knit him a Doctor Who scarf, I swear to God.
5. I have three-year old twins. If I thought I was overwhelmed before, I was mistaken. Potty training is insane. Cooking every single meal for a family of four from scratch is super time consuming too. Please believe me when I tell you I understand when you cave and go through the drivethru. I understand. But I just can’t bring myself to do it.
What I Have Planned:
1. A follow-up video post to my Paleo Beauty Secrets post. I’ve had such an overwhelming response to this post I would like to take you all on a week-long journey in the life of my hair, ha ha. Seriously, I’ll edit it down. ^.^ (Some people want to know if I’m “real” – this will be your chance to confirm/deny my transformation. Note: While you’re reading that, make sure to check out how lank and flat my hair was before I went Primal.)
2. An honest post about Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I’ve cured mine but don’t often talk about it because it’s so embarrassing. However, it’s time to pull this one out of the closet. Not only am I cured without any sort of medication whatsoever, but I have found the specific trigger food group that causes flareups in me. If you suffer from HS, you will want to read this post. If you’re not sure what HS is, read this information from the Mayo Clinic. I bet you know at least 5 people with this condition – but they won’t tell you about it. I will. They say there is no cure. There is.
3. A post about PCOS. Mine is gone. I don’t take ANY medication. Peggy the Primal Parent also has some great info on PCOS, I’ll be linking to her. I no longer have any symptoms of PCOS and believe me, I had them ALL.
4. I have some great new recipes, including chicken nuggets and fishsticks, that, while they may not be strictly Paleo, definitely can be fit into a Primal lifestyle. I have also been asked for lists of foods that I eat, so I’m going to take you through a week of my diet.
5. Guest posts. Many of you are on a Primal/Paleo journey as well and I’d love to hear from you. If you would like to do a guest post, please email me!